- Hartford to the Himalayas– Check out this story of how an alliance of high school students, non-profit groups, and Connecticut businesses changed the lives of school children in a remote village in Nepal.
- PTC STEM Certificate Program -The STEM Certificate Program provides K-12 teachers with a graduate-level, high quality, teacher professional development activities focused on product development education, curriculum design, and technology integration.
- Register Your Classroom!- DonorsChoose.org is an online charity that makes it easy for anyone to help students in need. Public school teachers from every corner of America post classroom project requests on our site, and you can give any amount to the project that most inspires you.
- Mathalicious: Mathalicious creates mathematical problems about read-world topics that make math more relatable for students.
- NEWSELA: NEWSELA is a free resource for students, parents, and educators. It provides news stories that can be printed at 4 different lexile levels, and teachers can see a student’s notes, annotations, and quiz outcomes. PDF instructions available here.
- Search Education by Google: Google provides a series of lessons at beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels that teach students about effective search engine use. PDF instructions available here.
- Professor of Applied Linguistics Paul Nation: Paul Nation includes on his faculty website some common classic texts written at 4 different lexile levels, which can be found under “Free Graded Readers” and “Mid-Level Graded Readers”
- What It Takes To Get A Job in Manufacturing: A Yahoo News session detailing what manufacturing means for the average student and investigating the training needed to get a job in Manufacturing. Is a college degree right for everyone?